Title: Strategies for the development of Reading Comprehension
Author: Héctor Alfredo De Velasco Dávila
Data of publishing: November 2011 (FIRST EDITION)
Language: Spanish, but I can translate it into both English and French, if required, even into German.
This book is made up by eight chapters which include theory, strategies, examples and exercises.
· The first one includes theories about Reading Comprehension that range from decoding, the rescue of meaning, the interaction between texts and previous knowledge; the levels of representation; comprehension as complex learning and the relationship between comprehension and brain hemispheres.
· The second chapter proposes a model for comprehension reading based on decoding, lexical access, semantic cases and the construction of different levels of representation.
· The third chapter deals with the theory of schemata and its classification. This chapter stresses upon techniques for activating schemata.
· The fourth chapter is related to the identification and selection of relevant information from descriptive, narrative, argumentative and explicative texts. Here the book includes techniques and examples for selecting information based upon grammar elements and from the structure of diferent texts.
· Chapter five refers to the role played by the different types of inferences. It analyses by means of the KWL technique, paraphrasis, and semantic cases the way of understanding the content of the relevant information.
· Chapter six deals with the usage of analogy for understanding very complex information due to representation, comparison, functionalization and justification.
· Chapter seven indicates how to build the micro and macrostructure of a text explained by means of generalization, construction and zero option.
· Chapter eight analyses briefly the integration of brain hemisperes.
RIGHTS CONTRACT: HECTOR ALFREDO DE VELASCO DAVILA
ADDRESS: MORELOS #218 – SUR
HOMETOWN: RINCON DE ROMOS, AGS. C.P. 20400
HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER: + 52 4659510054
INSTITUTIONAL E-MAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com